Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday

Nothing new going on.... no new pictures to post. But today is my day to go volunteer in Karen's class room. I have so much fun in there. I usually just run the class store, but I do get to help the kids with their math homework. When I walk in, several kids will call out "hi Karen's mom" to me. Some actually remember my real name. I hope that even when Karen is out of Mrs. McKinney's class next year that I can still help her out. She's a great teacher and has been wonderful for Karen.

Next year, since our town can't pass a successful bond measure, our schools will be reconfigured. Instead of K's school being K-2, it'll be K-5, as will the current 3-5 gr school. Both will be K-5. The other K-5 school in town will also be included and the whole town will have new boundaries made. That should mean Karen will continue to go to the same school since we are only 6 blocks away. We don't know what teachers will be here or there.

Did you know both of our TV remotes have rubber bands around the battery cover to keep the batteries in? They've been dropped and fiddled with too many times.

No comments: