Friday, May 23, 2008

Goals

As you may have heard by now, the Steven Curtis Chapman family lost their youngest child on Wednesday. I've googled her and read about her, watched videos of her... she was a precious little girl; Maria Sue. She was 10 days past her 5th birthday.

Steven had a song released not too long ago called Cinderella. If you haven't heard it, find it, read the words, listen to it. I've had part of the chorus going through my head a lot today.

So I will dance with Cinderella, while she is still in my arms.
Cuz all too soon, the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone.

The song is a story of a little girl going to 'the ball'. Then prom, then dancing at her wedding. The story says to spend time with your daughter before she's married and out of your home. But this chorus says over and over to me... cherish, love, spend time with your children now, because you don't know when your midnight will be.

So today I had a lot of To Dos on my list. Some of them got done, but when Curtis called "cuddle me!", I did. He helped me make bread. We tossed the ball. Because I don't know when midnight will come for him. Hopefully he'll be a grandpa when the clocks strike twelve.

Praying for peace and comfort for the Chapmans. Rest in Jesus' arms, Maria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a sweet post...you have your parents' knack for writing. We had not heard about this child's death....I agree with your sentiments. Isn't it ironic that it takes death, to put life in perspective. Blessings...Fredna

Margaret said...

Very well put, Larisa. Time flies so swiftly, even when you think it isn't.

How nice that Fredna read your blog. We love her!

Mom