Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome To the Crazy House!

Things are insane around here!! We got 2 new foster babies last week. One is 1/2-a-year and the other is 2. Not going to say much since this is a public blog and they were abused, so we need to be safe. They are precious and we enjoy having them here. A lot of work, but pretty sweet.





I rarely get online anymore, it seems. I do get to check in on my message boards, but not spending the time I used to. (I hear Paul hollaring 'amen!' in the background)





I am now done working at Curves after my summer there. I am glad about that. It would cost me $6/hr for sitting, and I only made $8/hr at work. Doesn't make much sense, eh? I am still volunteering in karen's class on Thursdays and got asked by her advanced math teacher to help out. So I will do that on Mondays when the babies are at visitation. It'll only be about 30 minutes of tutoring help. This way all the kids will get done with 5th grade work and be ready for 6th grade next year when they enter 5th.



Just wanted to add a nice picture... here's one of my recent favorites

Karen is doing better personally. So thank you for praying.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

We enjoyed our visit so much yesterday. I love to help you out around the house--makes me feel useful. And we had fun with the kids. It was a very good day.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Bless you for taking in foster kids. That's really a wonderful thing you are doing.