Sunday, May 24, 2009

May-hem

The month of May has kept us busy. I'm still at Karen's school 2 times a week. Curtis finished up speech group for the year. I ended my first 1/2-year of Bible Study Fellowship. Karen is finishing up her last 7 days of school. Paul...he still works a lot not matter what month.
Karen as Lady Liberty during their patriotic concert.
We did get our house painted.

It's taking some getting-used-to, but we are pleased with the results and glad we didn't have to do it all ourselves.

Paul is busy getting his hands in the dirt. The garden is growing well. At the moment, he is putting in 3 flower pots in front of the house. Two large berry-colored ones under the big window (either side of the yellow chair above) and a smaller turquoise one below the mailbox.

Karen's last softball game is Wednesday. They still haven't won a game, so I hope we win this last one. She is doing very well in school, if you can keep her brain busy. She did score a perfect 5 on her story-writing state assessment. She will receive special recognition at the last awards ceremony at school. Her math is also out-of-sight. She is a couple weeks ahead of the 5th graders in class work. She is doing it all on her own. I'm not sure what they'll do with her next year!

My parents are in Africa now. They'll be back in September. Just before my gramma's 90th bday.


My ILs... are busy, too. Keith is still working at a pharmacy in town. Although...I did hear he's sneaking in a fishing trip here and there. Hopefully Karen will get some casting time when she's up next month. Jessie is in TX for another couple days hanging out w/ her mom and sister.

I'm excited for our VBS next month. I get to teach part of it. We're focusing on Service to Others. I will be doing that part... planning the service activities. We'll be doing things for our local retirement home and our police/fire departments. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not working this summer so I can be more involved this year.




Paul put up two new tire swings...one horizontal, one vertical. A big hit with all the kids.
On our walk around town, Curtis had to stop and kiss the frogs.

until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out for warts.