The big news is that we have a new daughter. Krissy is 13 (birthday is in August) and going into the 9th grade. She could be with us for a long time, so start Christmas shopping now! We're breaking her in fast: she gets to meet the Steeles next weekend in Ontario. I tried to prep her by showing her family pix on everyone's blogs, but Paul said that doesn't really show her anything. Curtis likes her but can't remember her name. Karen likes her, too, so that is a bonus.
And speaking of fostering, we have decided to no longer do the littler ones. Five years and up. So on July 18 we will be having a very large yard sale. I have 17 (yes, seventeen) totes full of clothes from Karen and Curtis, plus cloth diapers, toys, shoes, blankets, that we will be pricing and hopefully selling. I am going to keep just one tote for each kid of special things for them to take with them. I have about 5 dresses from when I was a baby and I'm sentimental enough to do the same for my kids. It'll be so nice to get those clothes out of the attic. (And stroller, car seats, diaper bags, kick-n-play) Whatever doesn't sell will be donated to the Foster Kid Closet at DHS (so they can give clothes to newly picked up kids).
Paul finished up Stage One of the Fence Project. Not sure when there will be time to do Stage Two: South Side. Our neighbor is quite impressed with Paul's handy work. In our surveying of property lines, we did find out that the prior neighbor owners put in sprinklers about 9" into our yard. Since we are so kind and loving, we did a hand-shake agreement to adjust the property line our way to be in-between the sprinkler lines. Sure beat being mean and telling him to move the sprinklers!
This is a 'wild' squash. It sprouted by itself amongst the flowers. We're letting it go to see what it will do. I figure it'll be ironic if it produces more food than the 'real' ones in the garden.
I know there is housework awaiting. I did get through all the totes and checked to see what I wanted to keep, what I wanted to give away, and what needed to be tossed. Then helped mow (Karen started, Paul finished). Got laundry on the line. Put out lunch, cleaned up lunch and started the dishes.
OH yes... Krissy brought her cat with her, so now we are up to 3.
1 comment:
Your fence looks really, really nice. And it was good that you could settle things to easily with your neighbor. Nine inches less to mow!
Your house will seem bigger with all the baby things gone.
Good decisions the Steele family is making.
Post a Comment