Friday, November 06, 2009

Meet Candy...






Our new puppy is here!! Curtis has settled on the name Candy. Let me tell you a story about it all....

So we go visit the house on Wednesday where the puppies lived. Mama had 10 puppies and 3 had found homes already. We visit all the doggies and Curtis is in heaven. We direct him towards the brown dogs since Maggie was black and we have 2 black cats and 1 black cavy. And I knew we wanted a girl. So we look at the 3 brown dogs and decide it's good. I tell the man we'll be back to get one after I check with Paul. I decide to stop by today on my way out of town and let them know we'd be back. Curtis and I pull up... and there are no dogs. Come to find out, the man decides to give up on finding homes and was heading to the humane society with all the puppies but the one like we wanted. So wife calls him and says, "Bring one back." We said we'd be back after we buy puppy food and a collar. As we are leaving, a man pulls up and says he, too, wanted a puppy! So the wife calls her husband again and tells him to bring another one home.

When we got back, there were several puppies there. She said they decided to wait one more week before taking them in. She told me the man wanted the lighter brown one and I said it wasn't a problem, so we pick the caramel one. And now we have Candy, and Curtis said, "Does she know I'm her Mama?"

I have to admit... I'm pretty excited too. :)

1 comment:

Heather Nelson said...

I bet Curtis is a wonderful Mama to Candy. :-)