Monday, July 10, 2006

Is it nap time yet??

We have had some mega-late nights lately. Friday night we had our 2nd Walk-In Theater. We have a large sheet on 2x4s we put on the garage wall, bring the projector out, and watch a movie. So fun!! Then on Saturday we were up kind of late, then Sunday night.... ugh!! Since Karen refused to nap Sunday afternoon, we told her she HAD to be in bed at 8:00. She went to her room then about 8:15, she came down the stairs asking if I would come up and pray with her. I headed up about 8:30... and she was tearing down the wallpaper in her bedroom!!! (just a border, but still it was a lot of work and money). I was livid! She is supposed to be in bed, not redecorating!! Long story short: since she can't take care of what we've given her, we'll take everything away. We filled 6 totes with toys from her room, took out her table and chairs, shelves, pictures off her wall, blankets, EVERYTHING. The only thing left is bed and dresser, sheet and pillow. She will lose 50% of her toys when we go through them, plus will have to earn her things back by chores. This has been very hard on Paul and I as we feel like failures in the parenting department. Does it ever get easier???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT failures in the parenting area. You happened to be "blessed" with a strong-willed child and that is incredibly difficult. Does it get easier? As the mother of a strong-willed child I'd have to say, "yes" eventually. Don't give up!!

Mom