Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July

Today is the day after my grandparents' 70th Wedding Anniversary. Happy Anniversary + 1 day to you!!!!

Today is our last day of the fireworks booth being open. Hallelujah for that!! It's smokin' hot in there! 100* in a black booth on black asphalt. I worked 9-12 with Karen and we did almost $600! Then Paul went in to help another guy and he'll be there until 9:00 or so. We need to go take dinner in and pick up cash so there isn't much sitting in there. We'll go after Curtis wakes up.

We bought a season pass to our local aquatic center. Karen loves it there and Curtis is learning to like it. He likes the shallow end, but I'll take him into the 4' area with me. We'll bob up and down, then I dunk him. He's doing well with that. He'll also float on his back with only holding onto my fingers. This swimming outfit is from Gramma Jessie.





As you know, I'm very excited to have a new niece any day now. This will be my 3rd. I also just found out my brother and his wife are expecting #3 in January. I'm sad we are done, but am having fun buying things for Pauberly (Jon and Chris' daughter's nickname). I have been busy making korkers (curly ribbon bows) for her to wear. This picture is Karen modeling the new pony-o's. Here is part of my collection of korkers and bows I've either made or purchased. Poor Sydney got stuck wearing these things since Curtis doesn't want to.

3 comments:

Chris Steele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris Steele said...

The pool pictures look great. I'm ready to fly up there and join you! Granted, Grandma Jessie would have to buy me a swim outfit, too...I seem to have outgrown mine.
The corkers are adorable--I hope PB's not bald (although it's very likely). Congrats on the aunt x 4 news! We like to keep you busy.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Paulberly! Soon, very soon, I hope.