Sunday, July 17, 2005

Oh Scrap!

I finally got to scrapbook this weekend. It has been a very looong time! Curtis and I headed to a friend's for the night and Karen went to my parents'. I scrapped my heart out and got 13 pages done. Some are the "Larisa Signature"; aka: very simple. Some I scraplifted from a magazine. I just wanted to put a dent, albeit very little, in my pictures and get some done. My favorite ones are here.
This red one is very simple, but I really like the pictures. He had never done this before, and hasn't since.


This tan one is of my grandparents. Curtis is named after Grandpa Cecil (his middle name is Curtis). The poem came in a swap and it fit perfectly.
Here we have Karen and her buddy Alissa playing on our new tree swing. Alissa is moving to NW Washington and Karen is quite sad about it.
Here is another typical "Larisa" page. Super simple, just a bit of fiber, and let the pictures speak for themselves. There is just something about his eyes.

This is sweet Aireanna, our last foster baby. The embellishments are from a swap and were perfect for these pictures.

This is my favorite page of the weekend. This is one I scraplifted. Since he was just sitting in the bouncy seat, it's not like I can write a story about it. He was cute, so I took pictures!


I love pictures of Paul holding Curtis. Makes me fall in love with him over and over. The star poem is another swap item.
Here are some newborn pictures Paul took of us. You'll see very few pictures of me... I usually am the one snapping pix and don't get others taking ones of me. The poem is "Only God Could Create a Little Boy" and is written by a gal who writes for twopeasinapod.com. It is so sweet! I used washers for the first time. They say "precious" and "little one".


Here we have Curtis peeking through the heart cutouts in his cradle.
Last one... Another of Curtis and Daddy. The journaling is a quote that says: "There's no pillow quite so soft as a father's strong shoulder."

2 comments:

Chris Steele said...

You are SO GOOD at scrapbooking. I think that whenever I have kids I'll hire you. Just like with my wedding (I'm still getting comments on that, by the way).

Kim :) said...

Love your layouts Larisa! You have some great pages to be proud of.