Monday, March 24, 2008

Demo Day One

We started the demolition today. Lots of lovely stuff back there. Like black mold. How we stayed healthy, I'm not so sure. One layer was newspaper dated 1926. There was wallpaper and beaverboard. Then plaster on top. We did pull one 1x10 off so we can put insulation behind it. I think we will take down the boards on the rest of that wall so we can insulate. Most of the wall is very soft.

Paul got called in to work as we were covered in dust. So we cleaned up and work will continue with him in a week or two. My parents will still come over Tuesday and help with some of it. Paul did hurt his left hand at work on Friday with a big splinter under his skin in his palm. The doc couldn't get it out and gave him abx to keep infection away. He had a follow up appt today but I haven't heard anything yet.



Here are some paint choices we brought home. We are leaning towards the 3 bottom ones.

No comments: